Are you a Shopify retailer struggling with your marketing campaign? You must be well aware of the great sales opportunities during the holidays. Don’t fall behind this year; there’s nothing worse for business than passing up marketing campaign opportunities during the busiest season for retail. Not to worry, with over half a decade in online retailing experience, we have some quick, last-minute tips to help you better prepare your holiday campaign this year.
Strategy and Analysis
Last Year’s Analytics
- Analytics are important for any digital marketing strategy. It’s important to have a benchmarking system so you can track your milestones and tweak your approach.
- Always keep a record of sales. Track your metrics with google analytics. Look at the prior years’ holiday-time conversions and reference them for where you want to focus your marketing campaign efforts this year.
- Dig into analytics and see what worked and what didn’t. This information is vital to ensure you don’t make repeat mistakes; it also allows you to capitalize on the wins.
- Structuring an effective eCommerce marketing strategy requires scouring competitors’ sales tactics to find comparable ways to structure your own. Here are some questions and suggestions to consider:
- Which competitors stood out to you last year? Identify what was effective:
- How was the campaign eye-catching?
- Where were they promoting their sales?
- What specific item(s) were they promoting?
- Were they promoting a collection or just a specific product?
- Did they use influencers?
- By cherry-picking and collecting the features you like, you can successfully build a foundation for your new campaign.
Email Marketing Campaigns
E-mail marketing automation platforms is the best way to promote products and services online. According to the direct marketing association, ROI for email promotions is 4300%. That means you make $43 for every $1 invested in this effort. Here are some tips:
Create offers and deals for your consumers.
Free Shipping: Offering free shipping is the most used promotion for online stores. It’s also one of the biggest triggers that push an on-the-edge customer to take the plunge and make the purchase. Launch New Product Discount Code/ Deals
Free Gift with purchase: choose a gift that is relevant to your products or services. Ultimately, you want them to enjoy the gift and remember your company when they use it.
Gift Wrap with purchase: This small little gesture can help your customers holiday shopping experience easy! With the end result, relying on your store to purchase gifts for friends and family without the hassle of wrapping them up!
Abandoned Cart Recovery
Studies show that 67.45% of online shopping carts are abandoned before the customer completes a sale. That implies that your sales numbers may be one third of what they could. It is crucial to have a follow up email as a “friendly reminder” about items left in the consumers’ cart.
Curate an easy gift guide collection. Make sure you include “Need a gift?” at end of checkout or homepage.
Yes, automated. Which saves you lots of TIME, and time is money.
Amplify your social reach by promoting your products on social media platforms.
Shopify has an app that allows you to automatically load your products on Wanelo, Pinterest Facebook, etc. Making you social media marketing effortless. Best way to increase social reach of your products, boost traffic & sales.
NOW is the best time to go after highly searched gift-related keywords like “holiday gifts,” “good gifts” and phrases that include the words “best,” “coolest” and “most unique”. When? NOW!
Helpful Tip: If you have the budget and want to expand your reach, consider running a Google Display campaign that targets look-a-like and in-market audiences (who are not your past site visitors). Using responsive ads is also a good tactic as they offer the quickest setup.
Are you a Shopify retailer? You must be well aware of the great sales opportunities during the holidays. Don’t fall behind this year; there’s nothing worse for business than passing up marketing campaign opportunities during the busiest season for retail. Not to worry, with over half a decade in online retailing experience, we have some quick, last-minute tips to help you better prepare your holiday campaign this year. If you ever want to come by and chat feel free to book a time for coffee.