How to Write an SEO Blog Post
You don’t need to tell us that SEO can get quite confusing, let alone SEO blog posting. Content is king, but just throwing on any kind of content doesn’t cut it anymore. Content that isn’t SEO-optimized isn’t worthy of being on your blog. So, let’s go over some blog writing tips & tricks to get you started on publishing SEO-optimized content. The first thing you need a writer who is an expert in the field and fluent in the websites native language and capable of writing in-depth, informative pieces. Anything below 500 words should be ruled out but posts should ideally be up in the 1000-word range.
Before you even think about writing you need to have your keywords figured out:
- Has SEO keyword planning and research been done correctly and does the article heading and links reflect this research?
Once your keywords are laid out, think about what you want this post to achieve:
- Have you thought about what your readers want?
- Don’t push out content that already exists elsewhere. Instead think about what new things you want your readers to discover.
- What will they will be engaged by?
- Look at what previous articles of yours have gotten the most traffic, this is what your readers want.
- Is this a hot topic?
- If there was an article published about this a couple years ago it isn’t hot enough.
- Does the blog post have an interesting title that contains the root keyword (or a variation of it)?
- Your keyword for the article needs to be present in the title, the first paragraph and at least one subheading. Remember to blend it in naturally so to not raise any alarms.
SEO Blog Post Content
When writing SEO blog posts, you don’t want to put all your focus into creating content that is SEO-optimized, equal efforts need to be focused into what your reader’s interests are. It is, after all, them that you are writing for. Once you have honed in on your keyword, you’ll need to outline your blog posts content. This might seem a little extra, but trust me it is not. First choose your posts title and the titles of your subheadings. Then bullet point each headings content. This will make it easy for you to naturally place your keywords and your internal/external links. Once your content is outlined we need to start thinking about links, both internal and external:
- The link to the blog post needs to contain the targeted keyword, i.e. the keyword is in the link structure.
- Link structures are crucial to successful SEO blog posts, it i show the “crawlers” how to navigate your website, Dont use stop words such as “the” in the link structure.
- Are there section subtitles that you can add to boost your value?
- Subtitles are a great way to organize content both for your reader and the crawlers. subtitles are even better if they contain your focus keyword or a version of it.
On-the-page page linking:
- Think about where this post can link to other posts, or other areas of your website. Having this though out and thought through beforehand will make it much easier for you to organically blend it in to your writing.
- Remember: do not link for the sake of linking, links must be relevant to one another
- Can I embed media to boost my blog posts value?
- Can this media be tagged, with the targeted keyword?
- Link to a website that has authority and that will boost your value.
- Can I use this post as an opportunity to target another geographic territory in a way that makes sense and adds value to the post?
- Does your blog post have social media links and share buttons/Social media feeds?
Tips & Tricks To SEO Blog Posts
- Remember to talk like you are having a one on one conversation with your reader.
- Use signals words, like “firstly”, “Secondly”, and “Finally”.
- Optimize your images by adding alt text that includes you focus keyword.
- Separate long text (anything over 300 words) by headings or subheadings
- Include your focus keyword in your headings and content especially within the first paragraph.
- Include outbound links not only internal ones
- Include a meta description that has your focus keyword
- Avoid use the passive voice
- Avoid excessively long sentences
- DO NOT plagiarize any of your content.
- DO NOT use stop words in URL slug